A smooth comfortable feeling harmonica with genuine brass plates recessed in a plastic body. The Hohner Special 20 Harmonica is an exceptionally warm-sounding airtight instrument with bolted on covers that comes in a hinged plastic case.
Durable plastic comb with mouthpiece for more playing comfort, recessed reed plates affixed with screws. The stable construction and full sound make the Hohner 560 Special 20 Harmonica one of the most popular Richter models. Airtight, loud and reliable.
Get your new harp today!
The go-to harp for professionals and the first choice for those learning to play.
The Special 20 is the go-to harp for harmonica players of any style, including blues, country, folk, or rock. The Special 20 delivers the coveted Marine Band sound and offers the benefits of its plastic comb: it doesn’t absorb moisture so it won’t swell, shrink, or crack; it lasts longer and is more airtight than wood combs that can become swollen, twisted, and warped; airtight construction provides increased responsiveness; plastic provides comfort and it’s smoother on the lips, preventing chafing.
Another plus of the Hohner 560 Special 20 is that the harmonica’s reed plates are recessed into the comb. This keeps the sharp edges of the brass reed plates (found on most harps) from harming your lips. The Special 20 is the harp-of-choice of harmonica virtuoso John Popper of the band Blues Traveler and was played by Bob Dylan on his 2007-2008 tour. Chances are your favorite player has several of these harmonicas in his case.
Choose your desired key!
Hohner is a family company founded in 1857 in Trossingen, Germany by Matthias Hohner. Hand-made quality and close attention to detail has set Hohner apart from the beginning. A top leading brand in harmonicas, Hohner harps are distributed worldwide. Hohner harmonicas are played on the street by buskers, in intimate nightclubs, on festival stages, and even in Carnegie Hall. Despite a diverse harmonica line used in music from country to classical genres, the most famous Hohner harmonicas are their simple, 10-hole diatonics used frequently by blues, rock, country, and folk musicians.
4″ Long Special 20 – 10 holes, 20 reeds, 4″ long, plastic comb
- 10-hole diatonic
- Professional quality
- Standard (Richter) tuning
- Genuine brass plates
- Plastic comb
- Bolted-on covers
- Reeds: 20
- Reedplates: brass; 0.9 mm
- Plastic comb
- Length: 10 cm
- Hohner harmonicas feature:
- Improved reed profiles to increase reed life by over 200%
- Precision die punches to ensure reed plates with unparalleled air tightness
- Improved tuning accuracy (through investment in innovative new tools)
- Extremely stable stainless steel covers that won’t tarnish and are easy to clean
- Dynamic range and highest volume of most any commercially made harmonica
- Super-fast response at all volume levels
- Easily adjustability for overblows
- A unique Hohner sound that is a tone benchmark for blues, folk, and rock