With the SY-1, it`s never been easier to infuse your creative arsenal with BOSS`s legendary guitar synth technology. This amazingly expressive tool is filled with 121 ultra-responsive sounds, all distilled down into a BOSS compact pedal that slides easily into any setup. Best of all, it`s as simple to use as a standard stompbox, so you don`t need any background in synth programming to bring a new world of sonic textures to your music.
The SY-1 transforms any guitar or bass into a versatile synthesizer that`s fun, inspiring, and ready to play. Backed by advanced tech first developed for the SY-300, this super-cool pedal delivers a huge selection of analog-style synth sounds while occupying minimal space on your board. What`s more, all the sounds are polyphonic, allowing you to play both single notes and chords.
The SY-1 can be used with any guitar or bass via a standard 1/4-inch cable, providing an easy, plug-and-play experience. Thanks to custom DSP and the latest BOSS innovations, the SY-1 offers latency-free performance that`s a natural extension of your instrument, letting you to play freely and organically without altering your normal technique in any way.
With its 11 categories and 121 total sounds, the SY-1 puts an enormous array of synth colors at your fingertips. Expressive leads, sweeping pads, layered organs, fat basses, and more are all on tap, plus a variety of rhythmic synth patterns that are a blast to jam with. And with the grab-and-go Tone/Rate and Depth knobs, you`re able to adjust any synth voice just how you like, including changing the pitch on some sounds.
The SY-1 offers a numbers of ways to make your synth performances even more dynamic and expressive. Pressing and holding the pedal switch sustains the last-played synth sound, allowing you to jam with regular guitar over the top. You can also connect an external footswitch for tap tempo and octave-shift effects, or plug in an expression pedal for continuous Tone/Rate control.
SY-1 Sound Types
-LEAD 1/2-A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing.
– PAD-Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more.
– BASS-Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones.
– STR-Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures.
– ORGAN-A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation.
– BELL-Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
– SFX 1/2-A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more.
– SEQ 1/2-Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes.