The Heart of your Studio
Housed in a 1U rack-mountable enclosure, the third-generation 18i20 boasts extensive simultaneous I/O comprising eight mic preamps, 18 inputs and 20 outputs in total. Take your studio to the next level with the 18i20, offering superior sound quality, talkback functionality and onboard speaker switching. Improved A-D and D-A conversion ensures your recordings and playback will sound clear and pronounced up to 24-bit/192kHz, vital to helping you perfect your mix.
The Scarlett 18i20 features eight of Focusrite’s best-ever-performing third-generation Scarlett mic preamps: with optional Air setting to reproduce the Air effect of their original ISA mic preamp, giving your vocal or acoustic recordings a brighter and more open sound. There’s also a pad on every mic preamp to accommodate higher-level signals without clipping. The two front panel high-headroom instrument inputs allow you to record guitars and basses without any clipping or unwanted distortion.
Speaker-switching technology allows you to switch between main and alt monitors to get a new perspective on your mix, and the new built-in talkback mic lets you communicate with your recording artist at the touch of a button, helping you capture that perfect take.
A pair of virtual loopback inputs allows you to capture a stereo feed of any combination of hardware input and software playback channels making podcasting, live streaming and sampling tasks easier.
And as with all Focusrite products, you’ll also benefit from membership in their Plug-in Collective offering free software downloads and generous discounts, as well as a two-year warranty and award-winning customer support.
- Eight of the best performing mic preamps the Scarlett range has ever seen, now with switchable Air mode to give your recordings a brighter and more open sound
- High-performance converters enable you to record and mix at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Two high-headroom instrument inputs to plug in your guitar or bass
- Four monitor outputs with anti-thump technology and speaker switching, and onboard talkback functionality with built-in, front panel talkback mic.
- Eight balanced line inputs for connecting synthesisers, drum machine and other line-level sources
• Ableton Live Lite music making software
• Access to the Focusrite Plug-in Collective
• Hitmaker Expansion which includes:
• Antares® Auto-Tune® Access Allows everything from natural sounding, near-real-time pitch adjustment for getting the best vocal takes to lightning-fast Hip-hop-inspired pitching for adding a whole new sound to your track
• Relab LX480 Essentials – Provides four reverbs, modelled on The Hit Factory NYC’s reverb unit, and used on countless hits
• Softube® Marshall® Silver Jubilee 2555 – A hyper-realistic model of Marshall’s Silver Jubilee 2555 the modern evolution of the iconic JCM800 brought to you by analogue modeling experts Softube
• XLN Audio® Addictive Keys – Choice of one of four professional-sounding models from Steinway®, Yamaha® and the classic Rhodes®
• XLN Audio® Addictive Drums 2: Studio Rock Kit – Features expertly captured samples from a high-end Tama® and Pearl® drums, and Paiste® and Sabian® cymbals, recorded at Decibel Studios in Stockholm
• Brainworx® bx_oberhausen – Fully-analogue modelled replica of a classic American polysynth
• Brainworx® bx_console Focusrite SC – Brings the true sound of the preamps that made Focusrite what we are today to your music
• Focusrite Red Plug-In Suite Meticulously captured digital models of the truly iconic EQ and Compressors which have made the Focusrite name a staple in world-class facilities across the globe
• Brainworx® bx_masterdesk – Brings a smooth and simple workflow to the art of mastering, and allows anyone, from first-time-producer to industry pro to get studio-quality results quickly and effortlessly
What’s in the box
– Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen.
– 1 x USB cable (Type C-A)
– IEC Cable (Power cable)
Connectivity: USB Type-C
Protocol: USB 2.0
Form Factor: Rack Mount (1U)
Simultaneous I/O: 18 x 20
A/D Resolution: 24-bit/192 kHz
Supported Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
Number of Preamps: 8
Number of Pads: 8
Phantom Power: YES
Instrument Inputs: 2
Line Inputs: 8
Analogue Outputs: 10
Headphone Outputs: 2
Main/Alt Speaker Switching: YES
Digital Inputs: S/PDIF & 2 x ADAT
Digital Outputs: S/PDIF & 2 x ADAT
MIDI I/O: YES
Bus Powered: NO
Included PSU: YES